Miscellaneous Books and Articles
- Watch with a compass and the plates cut out to form a scene, circa 1880?
Engraved "MI Chronometre", but a cheap cylinder escapement watch with pendant winding. A rather pointless "complication" because the compass and scene are hidden under the metal, hinged dome.
- A large map of the main watchmaking regions in Switzerland. See also Osterwald.
- "Followed by a Conversation on Watchmaking between Mr Trottevite and Mr Vabien". Two charming stories with opinions about 19th century watchmaking.
- The French of two charming stories with opinions about 19th century watchmaking.
- A description of the watch factory set up by Christin and Viala.
- French description of the watch factory set up by Christin and Viala.
- Extensively annotated version of the French diary.
- Facsimiles and translations. Christin was an enigmatic person who designed a self-winding watch circa 1778.
- Diary of a trip in Switzerland with some references to watchmaking.
- The French diary of a trip in Switzerland with some references to watchmaking.
- Interesting because of its description of watch smuggling.
- A delightful example of watch advertising!
- An article analysing Lalande's "Diary of a trip to England 1763" in its horological context.
- A serious article looking at the usefulness or uselessness of watch complications.
- An introduction to watch collecting for beginners.
- Short comment on the number of workers employed by Japy.
- A recipe book for cooking human food.
- Biography of a much-loved dog.