- Watchmaker's lathe, circa 1880, probably made by Boley.
- Biography and discussion of Ingold's machinery.
Berner and Audetat: "Pierre Frederic Ingold 1787-1878" (1962)
- Biography of Ingold.
- Two Swiss reports giving detailed information about American watch production.
Favre-Perret: "Report on the Philadelphia Exhibition 1876" (1877)
- Description of the exhibits and comments on the relative qualities of Swiss and American watches.
Fitch: "Manufactures of the United States at the Tenth Census (1880), Watches and Clocks" (1883)
- Details of machine manufacturing methods and interchangeability.
- History of the Longines watch company.
Glasgow: "Watchmaking By Machinery" (circa 1900)
- A brief discussion of a few machines used in watchmaking.
Houriet: "The American Watchmaking Factories and Their Tools" (1895)
- Detailed but brief study of tools and machines.
- Diagrams and descriptions of machinery designed by Japy.
Watkins: "Jacques David and American and Swiss watchmaking in 1876" (2004)
- An article discussing the significance of Jacques David's reports (see David "American and Swiss Watchmaking in 1876").
Watkins: "Watchmaking, the American System of Manufacturing and Mass Production" (2020)
- Detailed study of why successful watchmaking by machinery is based on using unskilled labour.
Watkins: "Why did the Lancashire Watch Company Fail?" (2018)
- The history of the Lancashire Watch Company (England) analysing the reasons for its four different failures.