- Arnold & Frodsham free-sprung spring detent chronometer, circa 1846.
Modified by adding a keyless winder on the fusee square, consisting of a gilt brass, round plate with a hinged handle. This later addition partly obscures the plate inscriptions.
- A study of the correct forms for teeth and methods for the calculation of trains, including an appendix on English practices at the time.
- A brief discussion of a few machines used in watchmaking.
- Extensively annotated version of the French diary.
- An article analysing Lalande's "Diary of a trip to England 1763" in its horological context.
- Subtitled "Three Unfortunate Mistakes", this article looks at the reaction of the British Horological Institute to American watchmaking.
- The history of the Lancashire Watch Company (England) analysing the reasons for its four different failures.